Our Consortium Training is intended for anyone new to this work or those who want a refresher. Schools or school systems who are new to this work, or new teachers & administrators in a system that has been doing this work are encouraged to join us. This 3-day learning opportunity will touch upon all the different components of the work. Come with a team and build a set of action steps for your system, school or program.
This event will include the following topics:
- Building a culture of growth mindset, reflective practice, empowerment, and voice & choice.
- Intrinsic Motivation & Engagement
- The importance and impact of building a vision and guiding principles with a focus on the “Ideal Learning Experience”.
- Focusing on Learning Goals vs Activities & Assignments
- Curriculum: how it impacts instruction and helps define proficiency.
- Planning Learning Experiences
- Research-based Instructional Practices in a PBCL environment
We will meet on November 15, 2016, January 23, 2017 and we will determine a third date once we get together. Our training site for this event is: T & B Celebrations Center, 6 Jefferson Street, Waterville, Maine. Event times: 8:30 – 3 p.m. Coffee and tea will be provided in the morning and lunch will be provide at approximately 11:30 each day.