July 27th & 28th (8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST)
In Portland, Maine
Inspiring Transformational Shifts to Accelerate Customized Learning
Please join us as educators from across the country meet to learn, share, and problem solve how they are transforming their learning communities to provide ”MCL’s Ideal Learning Experience” for all learners.
- How are you implementing customizing structures to provide the “Ideal Learning Experience” for all learners?
- What did you learn from customizing your school structures during the Pandemic?
- How do you plan to restore the customizing structures you lost?
Our Event will:
- highlight the work of learners, facilitators and leaders who have been designing and transforming their learning communities before, during and after COVID,
- engage with and leverage the experiences and thinking of participants in support of all levels of implementation,
- engage in facilitated conversations to help problem solve and design inventive strategies that break down the barriers and structures of our traditional, assembly-line learning environments,
- reflect and evaluate the effects of the changes & school closures caused by COVID 19,
- build a collaborative community of implementers.
Our 2 days will include:
- Keynote messages from several MCL Leaders
- Breakout & Vendor Seminars
- Facilitated conversations that engage all audience participants
- Access to a selection of MCL Resources
- A traditional Lobster Bake
- General Reg. (Through 5/25/22): $625/person ($600/person for teams of 3+)
Registration fee includes continental breakfast, luncheon, and afternoon refreshments on Wednesday and Thursday as well as a Lobster Bake on Wednesday evening.
Schools and other education organizations are encouraged to “send” teams and make their participation a collaborative experience.
Vendor Information: We welcome vendors that offer a product that supports our MCL Vision for designing the Ideal Learning Experience.
Vendor tables are available for our two-day event along with a limited number of breakout sessions to vendors who would like to present a more detailed presentation. We encourage vendors to team up with an MCL Implementer when they present.
Costs for Vendors:
- Vendor Table: $500
- Vendor Breakout Session: $500
- Advertisement flyer: $200
- Advertisement on side of participant bag: $500
To indicate an interest as a vendor
Please contact Event Coordinator, Linda Laughlin @ [email protected]
MCL Learning Path Access: Several new MCL Resources have recently been developed to support the implementation of our MCL Vision. All participants will be offered a reduced rate to one of our MCL Learning Path Series along with a session dedicated to those resources.
In addition, The Collaborative for Customized Learning, CCL, will offer ongoing, facilitated, follow-up sessions after the summit, for those interested.
Lobster Bake: on the evening of July 27th all participants will be invited to attend a Lobster Bake @ the McKernan Center located on the coast in South Portland, Maine, 10 minutes from our host hotel. Choice of Lobster (1 1/4 lbs), BBQ Chicken, or Roast Beef.
We have only 80 seats @ our Lobster Bake so register early. If all seats are not filled by June 1st, we will offer additional seats for purchase to family and friends @ ($130/person).
Lodging: A limited number of rooms are being held at the Holiday Inn by the Bay until June 15, 2022. (http://www.innbythebay.com/) Call 1-800-345-5050 or 1-207-775-2311 and mention our MCL Event to receive event pricing. Call soon as Portland is a popular destination in the middle of July.
The hotel will honor the prices below for one day before and one day after our event. These are exceptional prices for visiting Maine in the middle of the summer.
Room rates are: $279 for single or double occupancy, $289 for King Room, $299 for Executive Room. Maine has a Lodging Tax of 9%.
Rates are good for one day before and one day after event.
Parking: All overnight rooms will be subject to a nightly fee of $15 if parking in the hotel garage area. Those traveling in must park in the multi-level garage beside the hotel and will be charged $5/day
Summit Host: Your event host is The Collaborative for Customized Learning (CCL). Formerly known as the Maine Cohort for Customized Learning (MCCL). CCL is an organization of schools and systems collaborating to help each other transform their systems/schools. CCL Members look forward to sharing and learning from their collaboration with all event participants. Join us: @customizedlearningcollaborative
The Collaborative for Customized Learning is proud to host the 8th Annual MCL National Summit